Summary: A possible explanation on Strife’s aversion to blood magic, namely him being unable to preform magic at all due to our/my favourite demi/demon god Mr. Chaos!
Pairings: Chaoswill, heavily implied current KirinChaos
Warnings: sexual references, but otherwise sfw. mentioned of cannibalism, blood, unsafe magic use, bit of dubcon
Notes: ChaosVille 1 era for the first part, ChaosVille 2 era for the second. typed up hastily from a conversation with illum because why not. 3052 words. lots of dave headcanons thrown in.
They say the the prefix demi- came from the word “demon”. Hushed whispers where time began, the small buddings of a civilisation, telling stories about the Elder Gods that created the world and the demon gods, gods that hid in a Minecraftian form that twisted and split open when they used their power, that ruled them.
based off of this post by cartoonbookworm
this isn’t even his final form
I made a post earlier this month after seeing KD apologize for his stream being “scatterbrained” and “how he’d try and get better” because it was a “garbage stream”. It received enough notes for me to actually go and think in detail instead of the quick cap-locks run on I had spat out in utter disbelief that someone like KirinDave could think of himself as someone who was wasting our time.
I personally have just gotten into KD with the rest of the bandwagon, and I can already say I’m really never been happier in a fandom. Not specifically the Yogs fandom, but the fandom that’s popped up around being ‘Acolytes of the Storm Sage’.
Anyway. Let’s start on the reasons of why I’m grateful for KirinDave. If you want to add something I’ve missed or simply not gotten down here, as I’m sure it will happen, please do.
- He responds to the artist’s fanarts, he reblogs things and interacts with his fandom as a whole in a very personal way. Watching him praise Boa and Sassytail and NaniRoxy and Catato- the list continues on and on- and give them actual comments on the art is something I wish more Youtubers did for their fans. As the artist, knowing that they not only wanted to reblog it but left a COMMENT on the art is incredibly important. And he searches through what I assume is the /search instead of the /tagged, which is why he’s discovered so many things people may have not expected him to find. The playful way of responding to those posts is just- at a loss for words here, as I usually am when it comes to KD- it’s amazingly personal.
- Streamed the night he had a child because he was lonely. Do I have to tell you guys how cool that is. Do I have to point that out. He and Su just had a child(granted it was more of Su having and KirinDave appreciating the miracles of nature) and posting pictures, keeping everyone updated and don’t even get me started on the dad jokes.
- This post. And many of his other posts on topics such as queerbaiting in RWBY, and things related. It’s a comfortable, easy understanding of things that the Tumblr community tends to talk and care about with the years behind him to mention “why things are as they are” and they apologizing. (this post, this tweet, reminding people blood magic isn’t supposed to be associated with self-harm and clarifying on his point when people misunderstood, putting in trigger warnings, this series of tweets).*most things are on his blog if I haven’t linked them here.
- Going back to how amazingly connected with his fans he is? He told Sassytail to settle in Uni and enjoy it. I’m going to keep coming back to this point because the level of interaction and general care he has for his fans is something you see once in a blue moon. Honestly. I’m going to keep coming back to this point on how he interacts with his fans.
- He’s hilarious. He’s hilarious in a way that involves dad jokes becase he’s a dad now, reblogging memes about hot chocolatey milk and yelling at his friends that “PEOPLE WANT MORE EROTIC FANFIC ABOUT US”, casually making comments about backabs and don’t think for a second I’m forgetting that Su made a giant roast Mickey and jokes about vibrating brooms. I can’t even mention all the things I love about his sense of humor.
Please feel free to add more on, I know I’m missing quite a few things. The entire point of this post is A)Watch KirinDave(link to an informative powerpoint) and support him. and B)I wasn’t sure how else to show gratitude.
I adore KD, for his work and what he does for his fans, and it gives me that stabbing sensation of guilt when he calls his streams “trash” or assume that people didn’t like/thought it was boring. That sliver of doubt in something he’s done so well for himself in to raise this bandwagon fandom is incomprehensible to me. What do you mean, it was boring? I missed the stream and went on the Twitch to watch it. I want to see a man play with crayons and build underwater tunnels and trip over the edge of his robes and fall face-first into sewage on accident despite being a self-made god of a new world. I want to laugh at his jump when he’s scared by his own witches. I find those things interesting and good, and the behind-the-scenes just talkin’ we get in streams where he’s not doing Supreme Ultra Magic is good too.
As I put earlier, if KD’s having fun, we’re probably having fun too. and if KD’s frustrated and vengeful, we’ll be bouncing in our seats and grinning with the promise of a brewing storm against whoever’s under his wrath.
Love that Storm Sage.
This is a beautiful little graph I found on Wikipedia…
The Wikipedia version doesn’t have a lot of newer members, like DWP and FyreUK (although considering the fan material they both have nobody probably would have noticed), and the updated version is on the Yogscast wiki at http://yogscast.wikia.com/wiki/Yogscast (Scroll to “Timeline of the Yogscast Staff”)
In the Newest Minecraft - The Hard Way, Strife shows of his new exoskeleton suit. And since I love designing things, I had to give it a try.
I think I mentioned that I’d be releasing some recordings with Will Strife this week. Here’s Part 1 of 2.
Will is an amazingly professional person. He did a fantastic job and he makes me sound like a stammering, yammering idiot.
Oh and also, check out this new and legally purchased thumbnail image. Is it not superb? It’s by local artist bamboo-on-bamboo. Used with permission, of course. You can find a lot of great art under the tag “bamboo draws things”.
We all try hard to live our lives in harmony
For fear of falling swiftly overboard
Odyssey (HARDCORE VIP) - Akira Complex / / Utopia - Yacht / / Cities of the Future - Infected Mushroom / / Hello World - 2M / / Virtual is Where We Live - Approaching Nirvana (feat. TryHardNinja) / / To Modern Science - The Black and White Years / / Summer & Spring - Wolfgun / / Island in the Sun - Weezer / / Side - Travis / / Cartographer - satella / / Conquest of Spaces - Woodkid / / Paper Boats - Darren Korb / / A King Alone - The M Machine
I’m going to take you on a journey » there’s nothing in the future, it’s up to us to make / utopia, utopia, utopia, utopia! » I found myself going away / never wanting to come back again » hello world! » ladies and gentlemen, leave your world and bring your friends / step inside and close the door » your little heartbeat / I promise you won’t miss it » hey, can you make the flowers bloom, or sing? / or paint the blades of grass the perfect shade of green? » and it makes me feel so fine / I can’t control my brain » we all try hard to live our lives in harmony / for fear of falling swiftly overboard » [NO LYRICS] » stretched to the core of galaxies / distorted city grids » I will always, always find you / I will always » look at me, look at all I control / everything that you see is mine alone
Well, it’s been a long road from the beginning of this contest to the end. At long last, I’m proud to announce that all the judge’s scores are in, and we can finally announce the winners!
We had a whopping 47 total fanfics submitted, each judge on a scale of 1 - 10 in five categories: Grammar (technique), Originality (of the idea), Creativity (of the execution), Stay In Character, and Overall Enjoyment. This meant that each one could receive a total of 250 points.
Best In Show
These are the pieces that gained the highest scores in their respective categories.
And, last but not least, the winner of the 22 fics in our angst category and the highest scoring piece in the entire competition.
These pieces were chosen independently of each other by the judges themselves, going by which ones we enjoyed the most!
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who participated! If you’d like individual scores, message this blog and we’ll do our bests. Happy writing!